cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SAP ABAP AS post database migration from HANA 1.0 to HANA 2.0 on new hardware

avijish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are migrating our SAP HANA database which consists of 1 SYSTEM and 2 tenant databases from HANA 1 SP12 on current hardware/server to new hardware/server(new IP Address/hostname) with HANA 2.0 SP05 using backup restore, the question is around the SAP Application connection settings post migration.

Will adapting the hdbuserstore connection settings to the new IP address & port numbers, be sufficient for the SAP Applications to connect to HANA 2.0 SP05 and resume or are there additional checks that need to be carried out (System copy. SWPM etc). The SAP Applications are compatible with both HANA 1 SP12 and HANA 2 SP05 latest revision as per SAP Product Availability Matrix. Please suggest and direct to SAP documentations if any.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lfdelacruz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijish,

For application connection to the new DB server, you just need to adjust hdbuserstore as you did, as post-check, I would suggest you check the recommended HANA parameters for your new version - "HANA_Configuration_Parameters" in SAP note 1969700 - SQL Statement Collection for SAP HANA - and also update the HANA client in your application servers.

Regards,

Fernando de la Cruz.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
avijish
Participant

Hi denys.kempen

Thanks for your response to my query, I have gone through your blog previously however I was trying to find the information if modifying hdbuserstore of SAP Application server (DEFAULT Key) pointing it to the migrated HANA 2.0 DB will work, I am aware the SWPM option works fine. However I haven't come across this information yet which supports the hdbuserstore method, will have to try this out and see if it works

Thanks

Vijish

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The SAP HANA client secure store (hdbuserstore) stores the connection information (host, port, user, pwd). If none of these values change, I would assume a connection can be established (a migration dry run will take away the guessing).