cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume business service UIs via html5-repo-mock

rsletta
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using the html5-repo-mock for testing a UI5 application in the FLP sandbox. It is bound to our real services (from the approuter of the live custom FLP), and the service bindings seemingly work as they should. The application uses cross app navigation, and when reading the README for html5-repo-mock, I was hoping I could load the target application from the FLP sandbox. If I understand this correct, how would I go about configuring this in the fioriSandboxConfig.json?

I have managed to get a tile config in my FLP sandbox, using a basic setup in fioriSandboxConfig.json. I used the old format, but the tile appears in the FLP, so I assumed it was ok.

{
    "applications": {
        "FioriObject-action": {
            "additionalInformation": "SAPUI5.Component=<application namespace>",
            "applicationType": "URL",
            "url": "<path to MyFioriApplication.>",
            "description": "<The description for the application >",
            "title": "<the title of the tile>"
        }
    }
}

I looked at the documentation for SAP Cloud Portal service, on consuming business services, and this is what I interpreted from the README, to be possible to do in the FLP sandbox. (Consuming Business Services - SAP Help Portal)

This documentation describes how to add it to the mta.yaml, but this isn't used by html5-repo-mock. I then assume that this is handled by the service bindings from the live FLP. What I find difficult to understand, is how this actually works, and how I would configure this remote app in the config. The documentation says "Add a new tile to the launchpad group and use the app ID of the remote app as it is displayed in the app's manifest.json."

I hope this makes a bit more sense, and that the answer isn't too obvious.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor

Have you tried to configure the URL of the business service? If the XSUAA is configured in the html5-repo-mock it should work as the authentication is passed to the service.

rsletta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you! While it didn't solve it, it put me back on the right path. The application in question is a part of Asset Central Foundation, and is running in a custom FLP based on https://help.sap.com/viewer/340b34831a0249ed8f404d675296f0c9/2102/en-US/f57478969384400986aac1db7791.... I peeked inside there, and snatched the url to the application, and put that in the configuration.

Upon refresh, the tile now loads the component-preload.js, but crashes because of some missing share libraries. But this is certainly a step in the right direction. ☺️

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked what I do in app/webapp/appconfig/fioriSandboxConfig.json? Does that help or did I get your question wrong?

rsletta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks gregorw, it was that config that got me back on track in my search on how to config the FLP sandbox. Reached it from "How can I redirect requests to /appconfig/fioriSandboxConfig.json to my HTML5 repo Issue #20 SAP-s...".

I'm sorry, but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I will try to explain better in my question.