cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Production(PBW) and Create Sandbox(SBW)

former_member267922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to Create new BI Sandbox system (SBW) for S4/HANA Testing purpose.

This BI sandbox we need a copy of our Production BI system (PBW) but Sandbox BI will not have that much database space as PBI.

SAP_ALL profile client copy will also not work for us, as SBW will not have Database space as PBW system.

PBW is having many objects which are directly created their like Process Chains, InfoPackages and DTP's. While doing the copy of PBW to SBW we need all these objects.
In client copy profile (SAP_CUST/RMPC) it does not copy above objects(workbench objects)

These above objects are not available in our Development BI system(DBW) or Quality BI system(QBW) so we cant copy SBW from DBW/QBW.

Could you please let us know Standard way to create new BI system with all objects and customization of Production except master/transaction data.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor

Hi Kuldeep,

Check this wiki page for special business requirements scenario,

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/BW+system+copy

It says,

Copying only meta data and customizing settings of BW

1> new installation is recommended and transporting the data flow from a different system

OR

2> liable to pay costs option:

Use SLO (System Landscape Optimization) respectively SLT (System Landscape Transformation) which provides the possibility of partly system copy e.g copying of info-cubes without data.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

former_member267922
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bhavin, You have given enough light to see the path clearly.

I have checked the feasibility of second option(SLO-SLT) in our organization but as we are in process of creating Sandbox so cost-based option not going to get approve.

Now we are left with Option-1 (transporting the data flow from a different system).

For transporting objects:

• Do we need to open BW production for creating transport request and collecting objects?
  • Do Basis need to create transport path same as then do from Dev--> Prd?
  • Will audit be issue in case we open Production for modification and create transport request ?
  • I think it doesn't require any downtime of Production BW here?

Need some insight for first option pros or cons.

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do we need to open BW production for creating transport request and collecting objects? I think it is required, to collect the objects. But better to confirm with BASIS.

Do Basis need to create transport path same as then do from Dev--> Prd?Yes they can create back transport path. If not then they can copy data file and co file from Prod to Dev for transports.

Will audit be issue in case we open Production for modification and create transport request? I think yes.

I think it doesn't require any downtime of Production BW here? No I don’t think it requires downtime.

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor

Hi Kuldeep,

Please have a look in below SAP note which might help .

886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW

Best Regards,

Atul

former_member267922
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Atul

We have already gone through below SAP Notes

• 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW
  • 1947388 - BW client copy does not copy metadata, transactional data and master data

Our requirement to be precise "BW client copy which does copy metadata but not transactional data and master data"

Just wondering if it's even possible or not!

😐