Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR for Change Material and its impact on transactions

Rao-S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to use MDG on S4HANA (Co-deployment) and like to use CR for Change Material functionality.

Below are my doubts what will happen during the Change Process (till the material get activated)

Scenario: For example Material # HT010 opted for a change (some data) via CR process MM02 on MDG

i) If Material # HT010 used in any transactions like PO, Sales Order or any other and if they are open what will happen? Will the system allow me to submit the CR for Change or will it not? If yes, will it allow for any field of the material master or any specific fields only (like mandatory or optional sort)?

ii) If system will not allow me will there be any error message shown (Fiori)?

iii)If Material # HT010 used in some of the transactions and they are in closed status. What will be the impact in this case? Since they are closed status there will not be any impact?

Please guide me in this regard. Searched in the Q&A on this and no luck. Therefore raised new thread.

Thanks. - Ramanarao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tushar_007
Discoverer
0 Kudos

1. You will have error in CR in case if PO or Stock is open for that material. System will not allow you to proceed further.

2. Yes, there is standard error which is getting reflected in header section

3. No impact due to closed status

Rao-S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards - Ramanarao.

Answers (0)