cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report for Visual Studio 2022 on Windows 11 ARM

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello , I'm trying to create my development environment on a Windows 11 ARM virtual machine on a Macbook Pro M3 (Silicon ARM) : can anyone tell me if Crystal Report for Visual Studio working on ARM Visual Studio + ARM operating system ?

I installed the latest available version SP35 to 64 (CRforVS6413SP35_0-80007712.EXE) with Visual Studio 2022, but the CR components are not loaded.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R&D confirmed it doesn't support Windows ARM.

Only means it's never been tested so it may work but if there are any issues R&D won't fix them.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor

OK, as noted YOU MUST install using Run as Admin...

The reason the rpt files open as binary is because craxddrt.dll has not been registered.

Re-install using Admin account.

Interesting code at the end of the install log:

1701[2] is not a valid entry for a product ID.

Looking in my log file I don't see that error it's not even close to what mine looks like.

Did you install this file?

CR for Visual Studio SP35 64b installer (VS 2022 and above)

I did not hear back from R&D so still waiting to hear if SAP supports ARM on Macbook...

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

I confirm that I installed CRforVS 64bit SP35 in exe format using Run as Administrator, thanks for your support

DellSC
Active Contributor

Did you use the .exe to do the install or a .msi?  You need the .exe to get the integration with Visual Studio.  Then you need to right-click on the .exe and select "Run as Administrator" to get everything to register correctly.  You should not be running VS while doing the install.

-Dell

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

I used the exe file (CRforVS6413SP35_0-80007712.EXE) started by "Run as Administrator" and kept visual studio closed

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

These are the errors in the activitylog.xml file

No InprocServer32 registered for package [VsRptDesigner Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRDesigner.dll {C0A76456-F970-471A-B209-8D35F6CD9119} 0x800700c1

No InprocServer32 registered for package [Crystal Reports Tools Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRVsPackage.dll {FE73BB80-53F4-4AD0-A5F9-6A0BCE662292} 0x800700c1

Screenshot 2024-04-21 alle 22.55.48.pngScreenshot 2024-04-21 alle 22.55.54.png

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you translate the error messages?

See the platform support info also:

SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Supported Platforms

Typically errors usually mean there are missing dependencies, VC 2013 C++ runtime, VC 2015 C++ runtime, 4.7 and 4.8 Windows Framework and others, too many to list.

Did you get the error on install, if so look here for the install log file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs

It will have a dated folder with the log file - setupengine.log in it. Search for errors, likely registering a dll error.

If found you are missing a dependency, check the Platforms for supported dependencies and requirements.

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

No errors during installation, the error appears within visual studio when I try to view the components to insert into a form. Error text (traslated):

the Crystal Reports Tools Package was not loaded correctly. The problem may be due to a configuration change or the installation of another extension. For more information, review the file C: Users\roberto \AppData Roaming \Microsoft VisualStudio\1 7.0_f5112977\ActivityLog.xml*. Restarting Visual Studio may resolve the issue. Continue to see the error message?

--- and ---

the PiDesigner Package was not loaded correctly. The problem may be due to a configuration change or the installation of another extension. For more information, review the file 'C:\Users\roberto\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\1 7.0_f5112977\ActivityLog.xml*. Restarting Visual Studio may resolve the issue. Continue to see the error message?

--- In ActivityLog.xml :

No InprocServer32 registered for package [VsRptDesigner Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRDesigner.dll {C0A76456-F970-471A-B209-8D35F6CD9119} 0x800700c1

---- And ---

No InprocServer32 registered for package [Crystal Reports Tools Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRVsPackage.dll {FE73BB80-53F4-4AD0-A5F9-6A0BCE662292} 0x800700c1

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR and VS does require running in Admin mode for permissions to various registry and other resources, so it does make a difference.

On install did you click the OK button at the end to install the 32 bit runtime, both 32 and 64 bit runtime is required in VS.

Does the CRDesigner file exist?

Run regedit32.exe and drop the file into the command line, does it register or complain?

The key it's looking for is:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CrystalReportsEmbeddedDesigner\DefaultIcon

Look in the install log and search on errors

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\{datestamtp}\setupengine.log

Rename the file to *.txt and attach it and I'll have a look. Not sure if it is too big to attach though, try zipping it up and rename it to txt or put it on a share for me to get..

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

On install process I leave checked Yes , install 32-bit runtime .

CRDesigner.dll exist and i found it in registry

No setupengine.log found in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\ (and subdir)

Screenshot 2024-04-29 alle 22.47.01.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 alle 22.54.13.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 alle 23.02.29.png

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

if I install CRforVS without Run as Administrator, the CRDesigner.dll and CRVsPackage.dll loading error does not appear , but when I try to use the crystalreportviewer component an error still appears.

Additionally, .rpt files are displayed as binary files

Screenshot 2024-04-29 alle 23.35.30.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 alle 00.14.11.png

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'll provide you with the only log I was able to find regarding the installation. thanks for your help

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging\CR4VS64.log

link google drive =  file log

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try right clicking on VS icon and selecting Run as Administrator, could be a permission in VS itself.

Is your version of VS anything other than VS Express, MS doesn't support any plug-ins in Express versions?

See if my test app works for you:

how-to-parameters-in-crystal-reports-for-visual-studio-net

See my blog on upgrading it if it needs it, I don't recall what the last version I saved it in.

Upgrading a Visual Studio 2008->2022 .NET project with the latest CR .NET SDK packages

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, but starting visual studio as administrator has no effect. When I create a new application (Windows Forms .Net App) and open the toolbox in form designer I get these two errors:

1) the Crystal Reports Tools Package was not loaded correctly. The problem may be due to a configuration change or the installation of another extension. For more information, review the file C: Users\roberto \AppData Roaming \Microsoft VisualStudio\1 7.0_f5112977\ActivityLog.xml*. Restarting Visual Studio may resolve the issue. Continue to see the error message?

2)  the PiDesigner Package was not loaded correctly. The problem may be due to a configuration change or the installation of another extension. For more information, review the file 'C:\Users\roberto\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\1 7.0_f5112977\ActivityLog.xml*. Restarting Visual Studio may resolve the issue. Continue to see the error message?

In ActivityLog.xml :

1) No InprocServer32 registered for package [VsRptDesigner Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRDesigner.dll {C0A76456-F970-471A-B209-8D35F6CD9119} 0x800700c1

2) No InprocServer32 registered for package [Crystal Reports Tools Package] C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\CRVsPackage.dll {FE73BB80-53F4-4AD0-A5F9-6A0BCE662292} 0x800700c1

robepate
Explorer
0 Kudos
My Visual Studio is Community version