Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious question about the custom code analysis, scoping and adaptation

PraveenChitturi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we started S4 Conversion migration topic. At this moment we have activated the custom code usage tracking(SCMON) in prod systems couple of weeks back. On the other hand also, we had run the ATC with central ATC system (NW 7.51) despite the recommended is 7.52 version. The ATC resulted something like below for our ERP dev system

• around 80K prio 1
  • around 12k prio 2
  • around 60K prio 3

We used S4HANA_READINESS_REMOTE check variant for ATC run. Out of these 150K items, the categorization is roughly as below.

PraveenChitturi_0-1715769356322.png

So we have downloaded the result list and found some interesting topics and along with few open questions to check with the community as below.

1. Out of 150K check items, there are 132K duplicates found and only 27K are unique records. Not sure why so many duplicate was reported in ATC result. Does this is common behavior in ATC findings? 

PraveenChitturi_1-1715769481927.png

2. After excluding $TMP objects the final unique came around 12K check items. So, I'm curious to know now how many items of this we can do the adaptation before SUM and how do we need to categorize those which can be done with S4HANA upgradation?

3. I agree we need to wait few more months of SCMON data from the productive system, but once that is ready how do we need to exclude those from ATC result list to focus only the final scope of custom code to do adaptation during preperation and realization phase.

4. Does there any general recommendation on what is the best practice to do estimation and potential changes that need to be done for each of 6 different check categories in this check variant? This is crucial for us to do the effort estimation with t-shirt sizing to know roughly which type of check message is needed how much time and how the change looks like in general for each of this check message type.

5. Any help document from SAP about Prio1 , 2 & 3 about it's definition. Which one it's must to fix for conversion project? I remember Thomas Fiedler mentioned that prio 1 and 2 is must to fix. Not sure is this still valid statement or not.

6. If we don't use NW 7.52 for remote ATC, do we see the difference in ATC result list or it's only the UI (like more statistic categories) differences which help to analyze the AT result?

Best Regards,

Praveen

PraveenChitturi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some answers now. Especially why the result list is obvious with many duplicates. That's mainly, the duplicate I found is based on the ObjectType and Object Name but the actual findings are multiple per one object. E.g. in one program I found there are 30 entries as the findings are at different lines of the program and also at different checks at same line. It's kind of learning 🙂 

Best Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)