cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom bar chart labels in webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to create a bar graph against A and (B,C,D) where C and D are month name and number. B has values from 0 to 10. When I create bar graph with A and B all the 10 values appear normally but when I do it with all the dimensions I do not get all the values of B on the X-axis. This is because B values changes according to C and D. But I want to display all the values on X-axis even if there is no corresponding data for B in the graph. B is coming from universe which has only values say 5-10 according to the data. So I created a excel data provider and included 0-10 values and merged it on B from the Universe. Still the graph changes when C,D comes into picture.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sindhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu,

You said C and D are Month Name and Number, which means Month Name is of data type String and Month Number is Number. When you bring in B from Universe and another Numeric column from Excel, you can't merge a String and a Number, the data type should be the same for the dimensions to be merged.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

Thanks for answering.

Let me put it this way. Lets say B has values (0,1,2,3,4,5). From the universe according to the month ,B has a particular value. Lets say April has 2, May has 3, June has 4. There is an another variable which is calculated on several factors and its numeric. Lets say A its values are (0,4,6,9,..) I want to plot A vs (B,C,D).

A B C 0 2 April 2 3 May 3 4 June

D is the month number which is another column.

Since there is no data for B when it is 1, I cannot see it on X axis labels. But I really want all the values to be printed on the axis even if there is no data available for it for that respective months.

I hope I'm clear now.