cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Builder opening on same Launchpad tab: something to never happen?

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

While trying to make a better use of (Solution Manager) Dashboard Builder, even though reading a Blog Post and Help Pages that Dashboard produced are shared and consumed through an URL as Standalone App (so you have to configure Launchpad Tiles as a URL one), I was kind of hoping that Dashboard Build "Viewer" was designed as an dual app (Standalone/Fiori app) so Customers configure their Dashboard access as they please: Launchpad-aware (FLP) or Standalone app (URL).

So I ignored the "dos" and tested myself configuring a generated dashboard as an UI5 type app. With no surprises, it didn't worked (runtime errors on ShellHeader.js, app Shell probably did not get along along with Launchpad Shell).

I kind of understand why to have it standalone, but not why it restricting to standalone usage only. Is this something that could be changed through Customer Influence?

Update: The workaround now (still on research and crash test experiences) is creating an wrapper application FLP-aware that embeds Dashboard through an IFrame. While somewhat works, it turns into a good example of bad UI:

• Duplicate Shell Headers
  • Duplicate and independent Back buttons (Launchpad Back button will exit entirely of wrapper application instead moving dashboard one step back, but can't complain on that, is the nature of embedding IFrames).

Let's see how much can be improved with exposed APIs...

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)