cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for OpenAPI generation of CAP

aparr
Participant

Hi *,

I'm exploring the (new) feature of SAP Cloud Application Programming Model to generate a OpenAPI definition of our services and to expose them in SAP API Management.

Is there any documentation availabile which annotations and CDS properties goes into the OpenAPI file? I figured out some properties but it is very hard and time consuming.

Best
Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iwona_hahn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Alexander,

You can find now the list of Supported Annotations in our documentaion. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Iwona

aparr
Participant

Hi Iwona,

that is awesome!

Best
Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bryan_ambridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe this link is now out-of-date, but this one works: https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/advanced/openapi

david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately this information is not yet available, but we're working on it:

https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/cds/openapi/annotations

Best regards,
David

aparr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks for that very quick answer! Are there any planned project milestones you could share with us in general for the implementation of the openapi generator and its documentation?

Can it considered to be production ready? I saw a lot of TODO comments in the source code of file csdl2openapi.js and I can't create a working sample for OData Function Imports with parameters. The URL used to call that function import follows simply the wrong syntax.

Best
Alex

david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I'm not sure, but I will ask the responsible colleague.

Best regards,
David

iwona_hahn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

We plan to publish the page with the supported annotations asap. I'll get back to you here, once we have published the documentation.
Best regards,

Iwona