Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download and Install SAP developer edition in Ubuntu 22.04

Sadullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

Have a nice day.

I'm a linux user, is that possible to install SAP developer edition in Ubuntu 22.04 and logon with SAP GUI for java?

I install SAP GUI for java, it's OK.

I download SAP SP04 NetWeaver 7.52 it's OK.

After extracting rar folders as sudo and execute install.sh file (it seems successful), I can't switch to npladm super user because it doesn't exist.

I've found a Youtube video to do it but he uses docker and pull ABAP_trial from store which is not existing now.

I've read all blogs about how to install sap developer edition in Ubuntu, not works for me, getting errors.

It shouldn't be hard such that and what should be the steps that I should follow?

Can I use my Ubuntu OS as server at the same time? Do I still need a Virtualbox?

I'm looking for a straight forward solution. Any help will be appreciated.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

There's no straight forward solution with SAP software. It has always been a pain to install anything.

If you follow a given blog post or tutorial, tell us which one you followed and say where you are stuck along with the error details, then I guess you will have more chance to get some assistance.

(probably you will have to wait until tomorrow, there are very few people around here on Sunday)

SerdarAkpinar
Discoverer

Hi Sadullah,

Is there any update, could you install the SAP netwear 7.52 on Ubuntu 22.04?

Sadullah
Participant

No I can't. I did it via Oracle Virtual Machine on my Ubuntu like in the Windows OS. If you have more questions,please reach me via LinkedIn out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UBUNTU or any DEBIAN flavours aren't valid/supported plataforms for SAP software.

Only RED HAT Enterprise Linux or SUSE are supported (OpenSUSE can be an option for SAP developer editions).

Also, you need a database server installed (examples: MSSQL SERVER, ORACLE, HANA EXPRESS, ASE 16, ...)

Check here the installation manuals.

Sadullah
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm grateful for your support and thanks for replying me, am checking it out.

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad I could help. If possible, mark my answer as accepted.

Answers (0)