Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Agent failed to start

theanmozhi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have installed the DP agent version - IMDB_DPAGENT200_05P_21-70002517 successfully,

and if i try to start the agent its giving me the attached error.

1. i tried changing the listening port and admin port

2. ensured java installed is higher version in my windows.

not sure still issue persist. can someone check the attached error and advise. TIA.dpagent-error.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hello,

i agree with Paolo. I assume that this has something to do with missing privileges during the installation. I guess the easiest way would be to uninstall the current installation and re- run the installation with the Windows option "Run as Administrator".

Regards

-Seb.

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

Try to run cmd window as an administrator.

Also check that service is created in Services, with something like SAP_HANA_SDI_Agent_Service_Daemon_XXXX.

if the service does not exist, check that you installed the agent with a user with windows administrator permissions.

theanmozhi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Xavier and Sebastian for the response...

I see the service when i search -->C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SAP HANA.

I installed as admin and ran the command as administrator. Is this HANA DP windows 10 compatabile or i should use windows server?

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

To view the services installed on the machine, open the services.msc application.

Windows 10 is not officially supported, you can check the PAM here. I can't tell you if it would work on Windows 10, as I haven't tested on it.

theanmozhi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, as i suspected windows 10 is the issue. I tried with server version and it worked. Thanks Xavier for your response !!