cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate email triggers in SOST for one work item

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is a custom workflow. Duplicate notification emails are triggered for users in SOST and their mail box.

1) I checked in SWE2 event linkage. there are 4 receiver types mapped for 'STATUSCHANGED' event.

2) Also checked the Event trace in SWEL . 4 receiver types were triggered for the event 'STATUS CHANGED'. but only one executed successfully. other 3 ended up with error. Please let me know whether this is causing the duplicate email triggers in SOST.

3) And Checked in SM37 backround Job executed at the same time when email triggered in SOST. below are the details.There were 4 jobs executed with 4 diffrerent variants. Please advice what causes the issue and how to resolve.

Kindly suggest me correct solution. its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keohanster
Active Contributor

Hi,

I don't consider the 'Check FM ended with exception' messages an error, per se. What that tells me is that in the event linkage (TX SWETYPV) there are Check Function Modules which are coded to *not* raise the event (and start the WF) for some business reason.

I think you need to drill into one of the applicable workflow technical logs and show us how the recipients for an email are determined.

It would also be useful to examine the time stamps on the 'multiple emails' to the same user - from what I have seen, SOST will not deliver multiple identical emails to the same user. If the emails hit SOST even a couple of seconds apart, then they are not considered identical.

Also, have you considered checking your SWN_CONFIG (if you are using extended notifications) or your configuration of RSWUWFML?

0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Please let me know how to check the SWN_CONFIG.

Also I tested the workflow by assigning a username to notfication level while initiating workflow. By this way, the email has been triggered only once to the user..No duplicate emails triggered..

But If I unassign any user to notification means, it triggered multiple emails to the users assigned to the agent.

Please advice.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, The background jobs which are scheduled and highlighted in the screen are actually doing a real time indexing of enterprise search. These jobs don't have to do anything with the emails triggered by workflow. The real time indexing is also scheduled by using the same batch user what workflow uses.

Secondly, can you let us know that if there are any email steps incldued in the workflow . For instance you added a new email step in the workflow and there is also a job SWNCONFIG configuration settings are scheduled for the same task.

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Yes...Email steps included for this task. Also I checked the log from SWNCONFIG. I found that there wre so many logs recorded for this task TS90100006. Please how to proceed further on this.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I assume you are aware of SWNCONFIG setting check under Filter settings data if the same task is configured for two different categories and you need to check the subscription basic data if the granularity is of type 1 as in the below screen shot