Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email server timeouts after changing Cloud Foundry org API endpoint

a_oezsoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an application that sends mails using the SAP Cloud SDK mail client module (JS). This app was previously deployed in a Cloud Foundry space with the API endpoint: https://api.cf.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/. The connection to the mail server worked ok back then.

Recently I redeployed the application to a CF space with API endpoint: https://api.cf.eu10-004.hana.ondemand.com/. After that we started getting timeouts from the mail server.

The host url of the email server is smtp-email.eu-central-1.amazonaws and I am using the port 25.

I am pretty sure this is caused by the port 25 blocking the connection, but I don't know how I can fix that. Does anyone here have any experience in that?

Thanks

Best regards,

Atakan

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you try switching to port 587 instead of the (unsafe and often blocked) port 25 ?

0 Kudos

Hey Atakan, considering the exact same code worked in your previous environment, this has to be a setup issue, therefore looking for either unblocking the insecure port 25 or, even better, switched to port 587 would be recommended.

a_oezsoy
Explorer

@willem.pardaens and @tomfrenken,

Thank you very much for your advice. We did so today morning and it seems to work fine now. Have a great day 🙂

0 Kudos

Hi a.oezsoy, how did you managed to solve the issue? We are facing the same thing, but we need to use the port 25 only (Microsoft 365 direct send method).

a_oezsoy
Explorer

Hi goran.petrovski.semoscloud,

Yes we did, but simply changing the port to 587.

An alternative solution I was thinking at the time (which may be helpful) was whitelisting the new domain (...eu10-004.hana.ondemand.com) for port 25 on the mail server (that is of course if you have access to the smtp server).

I can't confirm that it is a valid solution, since we never did it, but it is something to try out. Note that you would need to do it for every new domain you deploy your apps on.

Hope this helps somehow 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)