cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deleting rows in local table with data editor

XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am having a problem trying to delete rows from a local table with the data editor.
I always get INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.

After some research, I think the problem is that the table has a field with a technical name that is "GROUP", and I guess that the part of the program that does the DELETE, does not escape the names of the fields with double quotes and being GROUP a reserved word in SQL the DELETE FROM T WHERE GROUP = 1 statement fails.
update: well, a DELETE with a field named "VALUE" works great, so seems that the problem is just with the name GROUP. 

If you encounter this error, maybe it will help you 🙂

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi @XaviPolo,

Indeed the issue might be related to reserved words. Check out SAP HANA SQL Reference Guide for SAP HANA Platform > Reserved Words  that has reference at Administering SAP Datasphere > Rules for Technical Names Indeed GROUP is one of the reserved words, but not VALUE

TuncayKaraca_0-1710944027254.png

Probably you can use double quotes "  while SELECTing "GROUP" column from the table. But I'm not sure if DELETE would work! I'm wondering also how HANA allowed this table with reserved word column created in the first place.

Regards,
Tuncay

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

Yes @TuncayKaraca  probably is something related.

And I assume that if I can create in a controlled editor a field with the name GROUP, it will work. In fact the insert is working fine, and I was able to delete the records using a Data Flow (quick and easy ‌‌😭). It's just the update or delete ... the one who programmed the DF part was more careful than the one who did the editor part.

The technical names issue seems to be a headache. You can't create a calculated field named /BIC/ZABC because it has /, but if you import a HANA or BW table that has a field with that name you can use it up to the analytical model.  The technical name of associations by default begins with an underscore (‘_’), which is not allowed. If you save a view wit an association, and create a SAC using this view, and for some reason you edit the view later, and touch the box containing the technical name, the underscore will be automatically removed, and if you save the view after this modification, the SAC will be broken.

It seems that there is no unified criterion regarding technical names.

Regards,

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@XaviPoloOh it's good to hear you are able to delete the records with Data Flow. ✔️

Thanks for insights here and there about technical fields. The consistency would be perfect though the most of time is what it is 😐