cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in the last step of SAP ECC6 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got an error during installation of SAP ECC v6.0 SR3 IDES with DB Oracle 10.2.0.2

can you help me to solve this error, please

this is log ==> log.txt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I could find below error in the attached log

=====

Directory C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_171 is not a valid JDK directory: the javac executable is missing.

TRACE 2018-05-31 22:51:56.961
Directory C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_171 is not a valid JDK directory: the javac executable is missing.

TRACE[W] 2018-05-31 22:51:56.961 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:235]
CNTRegistryKey::CNTRegistryKey(., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit, ...)
Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.
) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (81), with parameter (Software\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit).

TRACE[W] 2018-05-31 22:51:56.961 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:469]
CNTRegistryKey::CNTRegistryKey(., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit, ...)
The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

=======

Seems to be an issue with JDK. Can you check on this whether the required file is there at the specified path?

Regards

Vivek

han_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the log.txt which you attached, I find something which would like to share with you.

1. According to this log.txt, I can see the user "SAPECC\Administrator" is used to install the system. I would like to say this is not the correct user to do installation and it will cause many of authorization errors during installation.

Please refer note 2445952 for Correct user account authorization to run SWPM / 70SWPM on Microsoft Windows.

2. For next time if you would like ask an question during installation you can attach sapinst_dev.log in the question, it will contain all the error message regarding the error in SWPM and it will also be faster to know why the SWPM is stuck.

At last, for installtion issue you can open an expert chat or incident in component BC-INS-SWPM to SAP. Hope this information will be helpful to you!

Best Regards,
Han

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the note 752505 it lists the logs needed for SAP Product Support to analyze the issue.

SJ1111
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please open am SAP Support Message in component BC-INS-... and include all the necessary logfiles.

Like that the progress of the problem can be tracked and the message can be forwarded to the right team with all the necessary information attached.

Thanks and best regards

Stefan Jakobi

Product Management CLM