cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in trial ABAP Cloud Project Creation

rvinod1982
Contributor

Hi,

I had generated a service key for the abap-trial service in my SAP Cloud Platform trial account.

I am trying to create a new ABAP Cloud Project by importing this service key as the service instance connection.

I am getting error message - Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.

Please suggest whether any additional step is to done.

message.png

Regards,

Vinod Iyer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rvinod1982
Contributor

Hi Andre,

I deleted my abap trial service key and service instance and created a new one.

Now I'm able to create new ABAP Cloud Project.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Iyer

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

This worked for me as well. Thanks.

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Antonio4
Explorer

Hello,

This error happens when in jason of the creation of the subscription, we put an email address different from the account.

Regards

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Try to delete and recreate the trial instance

0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a same error with eclipse Photon, 2019-09, HANA Studio 2.51. I probed delete and recreate, i changed EU for US but not work.

Thanks for your help.

rvinod1982
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I'm still not able to create ABAP Cloud Project .

When I tried to stop the loading of the page after entering the service key and clicked on back button, I got one screen - Service Instance Connection. In this screen, the User ID and SAP System ID are blank.

Is it that the user id is not getting created in the SAP Cloud Platform Trial system when the service key is generated.

login.png

Regards,

Vinod Iyer

JulB
Participant
0 Kudos

Trial Account solved:

If you are experiencing this issue in a trial account you can resolve the issue by ensuring you are on the correct identity provider.

1. Click the authorization button in the Eclipse workspace > *webpage should load >
  2. The authorization page should have two options such as: trial-accounts.ondemand.com and Default Identity Provider select the Default Identity Provider selection instead of the trial.
RAHUL1221
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hey, could you please tell in more detail as i couldn't find authorization button.
kashi_sudheer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amandeep for the Solution.

Amandeep
Participant
0 Kudos

Found the answer in below discussion.

Solution

Thanks

Amandeep

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Download the service key and use the option to log on via service key when creating the adt Cloud project.

The key is unique and directly points to your instance

Amandeep
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi andre.fischer,

Tried to login via service key as well and via user ID and password. Somehow the service which got generated seems to have something missing in it. Not sure why? All the properties in the RED block are missing. Below is the one which works fine from the ABAP trial account.

Bu my service key from Corporate account is creating as below. Below is the one which doesn't work at all. Seems to have ABAP instance info missing in it, even though the instance status on CF is "Created" and green.

Thanks

Aman

Amandeep
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi andre.fischer ,

I am not able to create a ABAP cloud Project in ADT as well. I have created a ABAP Cloud instance in my Corporate Cloud account, generated service key. But ADT doesn't like it somehow. What am I missing. I have tries this multiple times.

Thanks

Amandeep

sv_v
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

In SCP create developer user and assign developer roles to it. You will be able to login to ABAP Environment only with user who has developer roles.

Regards

Swathi V

rvinod1982
Contributor

Hi Swathi,

I'm using SCP trial account. How to create developer user in SCP trial account. Is it mentioned in any documentation.

Regards,

Vinod Iyer

george_younan
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm also facing the same issue.

akos_szalay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem - I tried deleting and recreating the instance, event the trial subaccount, but it seems to not change anything. I tried logging into the dashboard of the trial instance, there I get a logon screen where I can log in with my email and password, it's just in Eclipse that it doesn't work. Using the newest Eclipse and ADT (2020-03), installed today.

akos_szalay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It's now working. Must have been a temporary bug... delete and recreate the instance, get the service key and it should work.

rvinod1982
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I tried to delete and recreate the trial instance, but still I'm getting the same error.

Regards,

Vinod Iyer

rahul_aware
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue. I recreated the instance with the email address used for authentication. I still get the error - Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.