cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message " Enter External Supplier Number" Message class CVIV_UI Message no. 6

0 Kudos

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue. I am doing migration for Supplier in S4 HANA 2022 version through Fiori App - Migrate your data.

At the step "Simulate", I am getting an error " Enter External Supplier Number" Message class CVIV_UI Message no. 6". Unable to proceed further.

I tried to maintain the data "External BP Number" in .xml file but no success

Even I also referred the SAP Notes : 2462839 - Enter the external customer number - CVIC_UI006 but no success. As per screenshot shared in the Notes is for customer, there is no External Supplier in the BP.

How can we maintain this field data - External Supplier Number during migration.

Somewhere in the blog, it is written to maintain the Supplier No. Ranges as Internal instead of External but in this case the number which we want to have for BP and Vendor are not same. Suppose for an example, BP - 18300021 and Supplier is 1. This is not what we want. We want both BP and Vendor should be same.

Please provide the solution, your valuable reply will help me.

Marissa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi rita_learningblog,

Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Data Migration" has been replaced by SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit because it's for public cloud.

Best regards,
Marissa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Please refer to the resolution section of the following KBA which addresses the issue:

3031936 - Required entry field external vendor number is empty (Message CVIV_UI006)

"If the vendor number range has to be external, mark checkbox Same Numbers in IMG Activity Define Number Assignment for Direction BP to Vendor
OR

Set the vendor number range as internal"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marissa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello rita_learningblog,

Please check the help page of migration object Supplier. "With the BP Grouping field on the General Data sheet, you can arrange the internal or external number ranges (BP ID and supplier ID must be identical) and the vendor account group. It's possible to create a supplier and a one-time supplier."

"If you want to use the Supplier ID for integration with external systems, you activate it during migration. At the same time, you need to also maintain the Business System ID of your source system (to be used for integration) using the Convert Values task. This ensures that the key mapping is added to the central key mapping store on the SAP S/4HANA system."

Best regards,
Marissa