cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate the impact of upgrade SAPUI5 libraries

former_member373424
Discoverer

Hi All,

I am a SAP Fiori developer and have been reading some days about what is the best way for planning an upgrade with the maximum level of guarantees for avoid unexpected errors.

I know that for evaluate the impact of changes in our applications I have to read “What's New” and do an accurate read and analysis of "Change log".

My idea is to create a human procedure with the step by step, and if we do all the steps the impact will be evaluated with a very high percent of coverage. Because I have assumed that there isn’t an automatic process for evaluate that, is it true?

We have a table with which controls and components are in every application and view/controller for evaluate the “direct” impact about upgrades.

table.png

My doubt is, how I can be sure about if a fix could generate a wrong behavior. I will explain it with an example: “1.71.21 - [FIX] format/NumberFormat: parse special values ‘00000’”, analyzing it, I know that in sap.ui.comp.smarttable.SmartTable is using “Number format” for display the num. records in the header title but with the API is impossible to have the knowledge. his is only an example but reading the "Change log" a lot of doubts like this appears and also and more complicated to associate.

For give you more info, I have thought to use the CDN with the new version but this could position us in a scenario where we should do a manual testing of everything and look for the errors, warnings and wrong behavior.

How did you do for analyze an upgrade before do it and avoid to do an human testing of everything, with the risk of forgot things? Are you using some tool?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)