cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Cloud Platform Integration in China (Mainland)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor

Dear all,

we are considering an Integration of a Chinese eCommerce Platform located in China Mainland to our ERP system located in Germany using CPI. We currently running CPI for C4C integration and some legal stuff in Rot (Neo).

1. Would we face difficulties with that setup with Chinese authorities (great firewall)
  2. Would we be better of using Japan as Data Center?
  3. Or would we need to wait for cloud foundry, especially Alibaba?
  4. Any other best practices?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephen_xue
Active Participant

thanks Jens. I am currently working in Melbourne and there are lots of business running on CPI here, like the single touch payroll stuff.

some of my friends in China do running business on SAP consulting. I assume they have good developers quite good at javascript development. not sure whether they have solid knowledge on areas like CDS definition, annotation, BOPF and CPI integrations with systems like ariba. whereas they do have some CPI requirements from different clients. that's why i am quite sure CPI should be fine to get through the great firewall. 🙂

stephen_xue
Active Participant

do not think great firewall has banned SAP CPI.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least some lifesign 🙂 Do you by chance have any integrations via CPI up and running or know someone? Maybe we could arrange some tech exchange (I could provide fiori infrastructure knowledge, deep PI knowledge and say solid CPI knowlegde)