Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DataSource in SAP BW

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I generated Export Data Source (80PLANTM) from Info Object 0PLANT and replicated in BW development system.

I then created transformation and DTP and loaded data, it all looks good.

I need to transport this export data source into QA and Prod now.

I have few questions:

1. Can I not migrate this export data source into 7x as it shows it is generated in 3x

2. How do I transport this export data source into QA as I was told that we can not transport it without the original object which is 0plant, but I don't want to transport the info object 0pant into QA one more time as it is already there and working fine.

3. If I somehow manage to transport it in QA and Prod, will I be able to create the process chain as we create process chain in regular data sources or if I need to do anything different.

You help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you load within the same BW why do you need an export datasource? Why not just create a DTP + TRFN with 0PLANT as source and with the desired target?

1. Export Datasources in the myself source system are 3.x only.
  2. Export Datasources should not be transported. They are generated when you transport the object for which the export datasource belongs to.
  3. See pt 2 regarding transport. Regarding chains, you can put infopackages/dtp-s independently from where they load (only exception is a file from the local workstation).