cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facet values (against dimensions) change automatically when measure is selected in SAC?

Align779
Explorer
0 Kudos

For our users, the lack of a responsive facet value in SAC was a POC killer. The functionality in SAC of when a measure was selected and the dimension facet values were not automatically shown/updated.

As shown above this was a native element of Business Objects Explorer; in SAC the user has to click on each facet and manually request a value. Select (...) > Show Measure > Accounts. For our team who wants a quick number every additional click to get back to a view the had in Business Objects Explorer was a killer.

I ask the community if this has been an issue in your organization, and if so how did you handle it.

I've also raised and innovation request and would appreciate if you could show your support:

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/259931

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Align779
Explorer
0 Kudos

jeffmastro9 thomas.romagne ajay.gupta11 wobi andyskinner foekenm alvinv Hi All, you have all supported improvements to Explorer within SAC before, could i raise this one to your attention. This was a killer for our user base; and is really a hot topic for us to restore the functionality.

Thanks,

Steve

Align779
Explorer
0 Kudos

Exactly debjit.singha:

"changing measure section will not auto update dimensions. Dims are fixed based on what was selected from account dimensions. Although you can have multiple measure appear next to dimensions"

This killed our trial of SAC with our users; I am interested to know if you or other also struggled with this loss of functionality in SAC; and how your users reacted to it.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We requested explorer feature sometime back and 2 release back explorer function added in all chart types. Other than that we didnt face any major hurdle in our transition.

Align779
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @debjit.singha; thanks for your reply. Sorry to be clear I was not talking about the results panel.

In BOBJ Explorer if i clicked 'Order value' in the measures window, then numbers next to Country, Customer, Date and Product Type would all change automatically to show the 'Order Value' values. That is before i click on any dimension value.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Auto update is happening with dimensions-

2nd image - clicked on Country - United State ; rest of the facets auto adjusted.

3rd image - clicked on Tandem tires; rest of the facets auto adjusted.

4th image - clicked on "sports bunny"; rest of the facets auto adjusted.

Though, changing measure section will not auto update dimensions. Dims are fixed based on what was selected from acount dimentions. Although you can have multiple measure appear next to dimentions.

Note: For some reason I was not able to upload the gif file with the recording.