cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding BAPI documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask. I am working on a integrating another system with SAP.

In the BAPI transaction I can see the API functions but the documentation is a bit limited. Just wondering is there another resource I should be using?

For example I want to get a list of work centers and I see under workCenter "GetDetailedList" which is implemented in function module BAPI_PDOTYPES_GETDETAILEDLIST. I can click on this and get to "function module documentation" and it says to pass the object type parameter. It says an example of an object type is 'applicant'. What about the other object types though? Is there more detailed documentation somewhere? I feel like I am missing something.

Also are these bapi how I should be accessing SAP data in 2017? In case it makes any difference I am calling them via rfc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

weberpat
Contributor

Welcome to the wonderful world of SAP integration. Sometimes you find additional information in the SAP online help, SAP notes or on SCN but quite frequently you'll have to check if there are any domain values associated with the data type used or dig into the code to see which tables are queried with the parameter and which values exist on those tables.

BAPI calls via RFC are still are very common way of accessing SAP data from other systems. Another possibility are Enterprise Services (SOAP) that are often identical to existing BAPIs from a functionality perspective but sometimes provide additional features that are not covered by the corresponding BAPI. There used to be an excellent resource for Enterprise Services (ES Workplace) which SAP has however shut down a while ago without replacement.