cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Link Navigation

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to navige from Products> By Services to Fixed Asset screen. Followed this blog step by step; https://blogs.sap.com/2019/11/29/link-to-ti-screen-of-another-bo-from-standard-owl-screen/

but when I click the id for navigation Fixed Asset screen opening with empty fields.

Also in console shows errors like below;

from sdk I checked element's value, it seems id value binded but don't know if it's the correct value. Despite I've manually bind the id but it's still redirecting to empty screen.

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vishalakshmi.namuduri,

Thanks for your answer and willingness to help, but the problem being faced is on SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Cloud Applications Studio, not SAP Business One.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vishalakshmi
Contributor

Hello Fatih

I understand that you're facing an issue with ID binding when navigating to the Fixed Asset screen in SAP Business ByDesign, and that the issue seems to be specific to a custom extension field. In this case, if you've tested the scenario with a business user and it's working correctly, but it's not working for you, it could be related to user-specific settings or permissions.

Here are some additional steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

• Ensure that your user account has the necessary permissions to access and view the Fixed Asset screen and the custom extension field. Sometimes, permission settings can affect the visibility of data.
  • Check if there are any user-specific settings or context-related configurations that might be influencing the behavior. Sometimes, users with different roles or profiles may see different data or behaviors.
  • If you have access to a separate testing or development environment, try replicating the issue there. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your user account or environment.
  • Review your user preferences and settings to ensure they are consistent with those of the business user who successfully navigated to the Fixed Asset screen. Pay special attention to any personalization settings that might affect data binding or screen behavior.
  • Double-check the field configuration for the custom extension field. Ensure that it's configured correctly in terms of data type, binding, and visibility settings.
  • Compare the user profiles and settings between your account and the business user's account who was able to navigate correctly. Look for any differences that might explain the behavior discrepancy.
  • Use debugging tools and logs within SAP Business ByDesign to trace the navigation process and see if there are any errors or warnings specific to your user account.
  • It's possible that there are user-specific settings or configurations that are causing the issue. By carefully comparing your user account settings with those of the business users who succeeded, you may be able to pinpoint the differences and adjust your settings accordingly to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi,

I will review your suggestions.

vishalakshmi
Contributor

Hello Fatih,

Please check the below lin, it's run time error.

https://me.sap.com/notes/2897886/E

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello vishalakshmi.namuduri,

Thank for reply but since the solution you've provided is for s4/hana systems, it does not solve my problem. It's probably ID binding problem because I've tested same scenario with business user and it's navigating correctly.

Since the fixed asset id has 2 parameters, it can't correctly bind it to extension field that I've created.

I'm still trying to find any solution.

vishalakshmi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fatih,

As you are trying to have new fields I would suggest going to the UI field extensibility and selecting the Tiles associated with the Fixed asset and in the fields select extension fields and based on the field type select the appropriate one and add the field label, save, and extend it. then select further usage, select enterprise search and add the extensibility to the applicable areas.

please refer to the below link for configuration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZv0Vemh-Uw&pp=ygUjYWRkIGZpZWxkIGJ1c2luZXNzIGJ5IGRlc2lnbiBpbiBzYXA%3...

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

I've finally found the solution. I thought I should use FixedAssetID as data type but I should've used UUID data type for defining element.

After that I managed to navigate correct screen.

Thanks for your effort,

Best Regards.

vishalakshmi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on Parameter binding (...) and check if the field is enabled or disabled?

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, It's enabled, and I'm already using that field in the front-end

vishalakshmi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fatih,

Can you please check the Asset class screen layout rule and the fields selected that would help to resolve this issue, If possible can you paste it here.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure,

first I've created an element which bounds to fixed asset id,

then on standart screen I've added that extension field and make id configuration like below;

vishalakshmi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fatih,

Can you please up-vote if my answer is helpful to you.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

fceylan_hs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I upvoted your answers but unfortunately none of them worked for me, still looking for solution. But Thank you so much, I appreciate your efforts.