Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Fiori Tile

manuelbordallo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I think it is not possible. But customer is requesting to to fix the position of Tiles in Fiori Launchpad layout, so the user is not able to move it.

Customer environment is SAP XS Advance HANA.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel Bordallo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

FernandaKlauck
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

André,

In the following link of Help Portal you will find a way administrators can define a Locked Group of tiles for the SAP Fiori launchpad home page, which end users cannot personalize: Setting Up a Locked Group | SAP Help Portal

In this document you will check that once you set up a locked group, what end users cannot perform. According this document end users cannot perform the following actions:

• Drag tiles to and from a locked group
  • Remove or delete a locked group
  • Remove or delete tiles from a locked group
  • Change the location of the group in the home page
  • Reorder tiles inside a locked group
  • Rename a locked group

Please tell me if this is what Manuel and you wants to do.

Thank you.

Hello fernandabretasklauck,

This information seems quite relevant and helpful to the question Manuel posted;
I think he will be glad to forward it to the customer he mentioned.

Another possibility, probably more "impactful", would be to disable personalization completely.

For doing so, assuming the customer is using the SAP Fiori launchpad in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the following documentation can be helpful (search for HOMEPAGE_PERSONALIZATION in the "Available Settings" table there):

Among other effects of this setting, the following is mentioned:

When set to false, the user can't perform the following actions:
- Move, rename, delete, reset, or create groups/sections
- Move or remove tiles

Which seems to be exactly what Manuel is looking for, but this only he will be able to tell us (:

Thank you and best regards!
André

manuelbordallo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello fernandabretasklauck and andre.antunes.da.cunha,

Thank you very much both for your support on my request.

I have reviewed all the information you have provided. But I am still not sure if it will help my customer. As I forget to say that we are in a XS Advance Hana environment.

Let me know if you have further information on this context.

Best regards,

Manuel

FernandaKlauck
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello André,

Did you check the whole link I´ve sent to Manuel?

Because I think yes, it possible to customizing the tiles in the Fiori launchpad, including other new functionalities.

And I mention before that I do not know what Manuel wants to mean "fix" the position of a tile. What he wants do to with the tile and where he wants to place a particular tile.

That´s why I sent the blog with all information regarding Fiori launchpad customizing.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos

> "Did you check the whole link I´ve sent to Manuel?"
Yes, I did.

> "I mention before that I do not know what Manuel wants to mean "fix" the position of a tile."
Where did you mention this before? I do not find this mentioned anywhere within this question.

In any case, my interpretation of Manuel's request is that he wants to know how to prevent users from moving or rearranging Tiles in the SAP Fiori launchpad, hence the "fix the position of Tiles [...] so the user is not able to move it" that was written in the question.

> "What he wants do to with the tile and where he wants to place a particular tile."
He does not seem to want to do anything with the Tiles besides locking (or "fixing") their position, so that it is impossible for users to move or rearrange them.

This request do not seem to be covered anywhere in any of your answers nor in the link you have sent.

Best regards,
André

PS: if you are not providing a new answer to the main question, then consider using the "Add a Comment" button for commenting on the already provided answers.

FernandaKlauck
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

I hope you are fine!

We have a blog which can help you to find what kind of customizing your customer wants to do on Fiori Launchpad layout: This is How We Do It: Redesigning the SAP Fiori Launchpad | SAP Blogs

Current changes include additional tile sizes, new ways to structure content on the page, and more theming options are stated in this blog and it includes some other links which can lead you to learning sessions and other blogs regarding this same subject.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos

How is your answer addressing Manuel's request?

The request was written as:
"fix the position of Tiles [...] so the user is not able to move it"

And I do not see anything related to this in your answer or linked post;
do you mean that what was requested is not possible?

Best regards,
André