Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLP Device type functionality

andrewB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We have created some RF applications (barcode scanning etc) using Fiori and we want to be able to use the applications on RF devices in freezer situations.

The problem is that in freezer situations the users cannot use touch screen to navigate around the FLP.

They have to use the hard keyboard on the device. (arrow keys)

Because the RF devices are registered as "phone" in the Device model, the FLP is rendered as Touch only and the arrow keys cannot be used to navigate between tiles etc.

I have tried creating a FLP plugin and setting the device to desktop, but at this point in the loading of the FLP it is too late.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the device type (hard code to desktop), rather than have it calculated in the FLP framework?

Or any thoughts on a way to make the FLP, keyboard usable on the RF devices.

Cheers

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

WouterLemaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about a plug-in that listens to keypresses on a touch instead of manipulating the device type?

andrewB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter

Thanks for the reply, I have considered this, but the complexity involved in replicating what is happening during the FLP tile focus and tile navigation is very complex.

I don't think I would be able to replicate that functionality by custom building it myself within a feasible time period.

Anyway thanks again, and Ill investigate this further.

Cheers

Andrew