Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full-text search in value help in SAP Cloud Platform

nikbereziuk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

does anyone know how (and if) I can implement a full-text search in a value help in SAP Cloud Platform backend?

Look at the example:

By default, it works only in such a way that it returns only those values that start with a letter (or combination of letters) that a user types in the field. In this particular example, it returns "ABC" because I started with "AB".

But if I start with "BC", the value help will not suggest the same result ("ABC") anymore. Unfortunately, @Search and @Consumption annotations don't work, or at least I don't know how to make them work. Backend is on Cloud Platform (ABAP RAP), frontend - SAPUI5.

My question is: how do I implement a full-text search here? Is it achievable via backend, or is frontend should be involved as well?

The above example isn't very impressive, but in reality, I have a few fields as strings of words, where the most important part is in the middle of the string.

Regards,

Mykyta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member14709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mykyta,

Try searching using *BC. Searching using '*' works perfectly fine for me. However, mine is not a suggestive search as yours, I need to explicitly press Enter to get the search results.

I am using below sets of annotations at the field level

and using below annotation at the entity level

Thanks,

Aman Garg

nikbereziuk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay, @Search annotations actually work, I was just using them in the incorrect place - they should be enabled in a value help CDS view, not in a root interface view (like I tried initially). As soon as I applied @Search annotations in respective value help CDSes, dynamic text search started working:

I applied exactly the same annotations that aman9garg suggested in his answer above. I don't even have to search with '*' and press Enter, it works just fine during typing.

Regards,

Mykyta

Answers (0)