cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of Classic Analytic Application

Alexander_Blasl
Participant

Hi experts,

does anyone know if the Classic Analytic Application has an expiration date or "planned" expiration date?

I am asking because Classic Analytic Application still has some major advantages over new Optimized Story (Memory Consumption, Script Performance Engine,...). I am feeling that the new Optimized Story won't support script intensive Dashboard solutions like Classic Analytic Application did.

The scripting ability makes SAP Analytics Cloud to a powerful competitor to Power BI&Co. Without scripting, SAP Analytics Cloud lacks many features compared to other tools. So why should SAP not do everything to make at least Scripting Features and Performance in Optimized Story overwhelmingly great?

Since there is a difference which artifact (Classic Analytic Application, Optimized Story) focuses on different things in case of performance --> Script Execution or Rendering, I wish I could decide that. Having the possibility to switch between Rendering or Script Execution performance would be very helpful. Would this be possible?

BR

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JefB
Active Contributor

If there is a date, I'm sure you will see it communicated somewhere.

If you lack capability in optimized / unified stories, please keep logging and voting...

at least that's what I'm trying to do... e.g. https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/290133