Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global script for device info logging is failing on one flavor

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning.

I have created a global script using code provided on a recent practitioner forum call to enable device info logging on flavors.

The script is working great on all flavors it's enabled on but one. On one flavor I'm getting two different error messages depending on the environment:

DEV - "The command SCRIPT_EDITOR_START could not be executed. The provided XML is invalid and could not be parsed."

QA - "The command FLAVOR_ARGUMENT could not be executed. The provided XML is invalid and could not be parsed. "

This confuses me because it is a global script called the same way on each flavor.

I'm hoping this reaches the script creator... I opened an incident and was advised it's custom program and not supported.

Kindly,

Cristin

bwills
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristin,

I'm not able to help you on this, but perhaps you can reach out directly to peter.spielvogel, tamas.hoznek , or others on the SAP Personas team?

Brian

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Cristin,

I am wondering if the flavor name/description or any other measurements that are specific to the flavor contain any special characters?

Thanks,

Krists

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krists.

Thank you for replying...I knew you would have the answer 😉 Yes, the flavor name contained an "&" which I have now removed and it is working as expected. I will close the incident.

Do you know if the USER_FLOW analytic still works with SP14 on ECC? I can't get any data with USER_FLOW_ENABLED 'X' and a measurement document USER_FLOW created.

Kindly,

Cristin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Cristin,

The USER_FLOW measurement should work across all the SAP Screen Personas SP versions in maintenance including SP14.

Try the following:

- Go to the /PERSONAS/ADMIN transaction

- Tools > Analytics

- Then from the menu select More> Analytics > Enable Usage Log

- Confirm the warning popup and be advised that enabling the feature will generate a relatively high number of new DB entries. Do not leave the feature permanently on.

- Play around with SAP Screen Personas (SAP GUI for HTML and Slipstream Engine both should do)

- Check the USER_FLOW measurement data

- Switch off the Usage Log as soon as you are done with the data capture

Hope, this helps!

Best regards,

Krists

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Krists.

It does help. Does the menu path replace the "USER_FLOW_ENABLED" flag or is it still required?

Kindly,

Cristin

kmagons
Advisor
Advisor

The "USER_FLOW_ENABLED" flag is not required. You can check the documentation here for the currently supported flags.

Thanks,

Krists

Answers (0)