cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Collapse Feature with OData V4

vode
Participant

Hello together,

I've been using a Responsive Table within my CAP Project to show some Data I've got from my Hana Database. I would to group and hide this Datasets within my Table.

Like this

Repsonsive Tables dont have this feature, but I cant use Analytical Table and Tree Tables neither as it mentions here

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_NETWEAVER_AS_ABAP_752/468a97775123488ab3345a0c48cadd8f/5de13cf4dd1f4a3...

Whats the best way to get this feature work with my OData V4 Model.

Best regards,
Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Is this example a custom table? Please refer to this example showcasing how grouping can be achieved i.e. for a Responsive Table via Fiori Elements and OData V4 via simple manifest.json configuration. Perhaps you could go via the FE route.

Fiori Elements Responsive Table Grouping

For your use case, I believe that the Tree Table control would probably be ideal. Unfortunately, it seems like "Tree table: basic support for OData V4" is still on the UI5 Roadmap for Q2 2023. With OData V2, this would be very easily achieved..

vode
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leoni,

The example is from the "Grouping"-Section of Analytical Table.

https://experience.sap.com/fiori-design-web/analytical-table-alv/

Is there any Workaround possible till release of "Tree table: basic support for OData V4" without switching back to OData V2?

Best regards,
Dennis

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

You could use Fiori Elements and define the table as Analytical Table, this seems to work also with OData V4 as per the SDK.

As mentioned, this would be a simple manifest configuration, but it all depends whether Fiori Elements fulfills all your other requirements.

vode
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leoni,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm currently using SAPUI5 Freesytle for my requirements. Is it also possible to use your mentioned features based on this?

Best regards,
Dennis

leonikussmaul
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

As you can see in the screenshot you shared, it looks like Analytical Table and Tree Table controls are not supported with OData V4 and the Responsive Table does not cover this functionality - so I don't see how you would make this work for now.

Have you thought about fallback to OData V2 protocol via Proxy in Node.js?

You can have a look here for this. CAP V2 Support

vode
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi leonikussmaul,

Do you have any Update on this Topic? Its still on the Roadmap for Q2 2023 in Status "Planned". Will there be a release this week or the following week?

Best Regards,

Dennis

vode
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Update on this?