cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Cloud Trial - current issues creating a data lake

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

I wanted to let everyone know that we are currently aware of an issue that will prevent you from creating a data lake in the HANA Cloud Trial. If you "Enable Data Lake" in the HANA Cloud provisioning wizard (step 4), you will receive an error message after the Create Instance action is taken. Note that the HANA Cloud instance will still be created - however, the data lake creation will fail. We are continuing to investigate this issue - and I will update this thread once there is more news. Thank you.

Regards, Mike Paola (SAP HANA Product Management)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member738515
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When I try to create database in Janab cloud got this error The selected space does not support provisioning SAP HANA database instances.

Help please

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello - yes, we are aware of and currently investigating how to resolve time-out issues on EU10 that lead to the error you reported above. In the meantime, you can try creating a US10 subaccount to see about getting around the problem. Hope that helps.

Regards, Mike

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Final update - we have determined the root cause of the problem and it has now been resolved. Data lake creation on the HANA Cloud Trial should work properly for all users now. If you have any issues, please be sure to report them in this community. Thank you for your continued interest in SAP HANA Cloud.

Regards, Mike

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Update - the problem may not be as widespread as we initially thought. Therefore, you may find that you are able to create a data lake with your trial. Will continue to post updates here.

Regards, Mike