Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA - /hana/shared//xs/app_working//executionroot folder - clean up

wlourens2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The /hana/shared/<SID>/xs/app_working/<server>/executionroot folder increased by a huge amount in a few days.

SAP note 2775467 mention some best practices, but does not mention on cleaning this folder.

On the DEV/QAS systems this folder is still small.

XSA du on PROD:

... (attached in txt - xsa-du.txt)

Will it be OK if I move the contents of this folder to another location? Or at least the files older than a year?

I'm not sure if the xs delete-app-instances command will work or how to clear space, please assist?

As far as I know the xs services are not used on this system. HANA version: 2.00.053 (We are waiting for approval to update).

Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon25
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Willem,

We do not deal with the contents of the 'xs_app/working/executionroot' folder in HANA. Just the data/log volumes + the backup catalog.

I tried finding a more suitable user tag for 'BC-XS-RT OP Runtime / XS Controller', but there is none existing unfortunately.
I recommend you just open a SAP Support ticket with the BC-XS-RT team and they can advise next steps.

Kind Regards
Simon

wlourens2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Incident opened at SAP, SAP response was that I can move the contents of this folder to a temporary location, and delete it after 3 weeks of no issues.

Contents moved, I already restarted and updated the HANA database with this folder cleaned, seems like all OK.

Kind Regards,

Answers (0)