cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Streaming Analytics connection to Streaming Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,
I have installed SAP HANA Streaming Analytics on the same host as the HANA Index Server. Unfortunately I can't connect from the eclispe HANA Streaming Studio to the Streaming Server. If I try to connect, I get the following error message:
"Failed to login server"

I already have checked, if the service is running properly.

Having a look on the log files on the server didn't show usefull details.

I'm using the following system versions:

HANA version 2.00.020.00.1500920972
Streaming Analytics version 2.00.020.00.000000

Until now, I have spent 2 weeks trying to solve this problem due to it is important for my Bachelor's Thesis. It would be great, if anyone could help me to solve this issue.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

yes, I have tried the two things you suggested on the other topic.

How can I find out, what exactly the problem is?

Thanks for you help

Andreas

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1) You were previously using HANA Express which would have had a System ID of HXE and a defaut Tenant database of HXE. You are now showing streaming provisioned to a DB1@DB1. Are you no longer using HANA Express?

2) From the screenshot, the Instance # of your DB1 HANA system is 00 which would be the default for a HANA system installation as opposed to an Instance # of 90 which is used by HANA Express. The Instance # is important because it is used in the Port #'s used by various components. For the Streaming server the port format is 3XX26 where XX is the Instance #. For HANA Express that would translate as port 39026 but for your current DB1 system the port would be 30026.

You appear to have made the adjustment to the port #, but you are still trying to use the internal port 3XX16 instead of the proper 3XX26 port for external connections including Studio connections.

3) I noticed that your HANA system is not using a fully qualified domain name for the HANA host. This usually causes problems when deploying and managing project, although you can usually still connect to the server. To avoid future issues, you will need to create an entry in your /etc/hosts file for the "hana" host following the same pattern as shown for the "hxehost" in this tutorial:

https://www.sap.com/developer/tutorials/hxe-ua-installing-streaming.html

4) Is your HANA system running on an internal network or is it perhaps running on a cloud VM? If it is running on a cloud system, have you checked if the necessary ports are open on the server?

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you check the possible issues I outlined in the latest response to your earlier question on this topic?

https://answers.sap.com/questions/364034/sap-hana-streaming-analytics-on-sap-hana-express.html