Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header in Actual report and Print Preview Crystal Reports Crosstab vary

gh_cr05
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i run Crystal Reports from an Application. With one subreport i have found an issue. When i run it from the application the Headings in a crosstab report do not wrap correctly. See pic1.

However Print Preview from Crystal reports for the same report show the wrapping correctly See pic2

See how the word does not break and wrap before a bracket which makes the report look unprofessional. I am not sure how to amend this.

Regards

Geeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gh_cr05
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked with the application vendor and they suggested to download and install the the latest Crystal reports runtime file. I am hoping that will solve the issue.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

If Venkat's suggestions don't work, you might try making the object in the header just a little shorter to see whether you can force the correct word wrap.

I suspect that the version of the SDK that was used in the application is different from the version of Crystal that you're using and that is what is causing the issue. If that's the case, there may not be much that you can do about it.

-Dell

gh_cr05
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

Thanks for your reply. I checked with the application vendor and they suggested to download and install the the latest Crystal reports runtime file. I am hoping that will solve the issue.

Regards

Geeta

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gh_cr05

Please check the format as below. Right click on the header field that you want to wrap. --> Format --> Mark the check box Can grow.Optional Max number of lines - in your case you can set it to 2.

Also, Go to File --> Page Setup..--> Printer option and confirm the page size are same as preview.

Regards,

Venkat

gh_cr05
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Since its a crosstab report, the 'Can Grow' field is disabled. However i didn't know we could do this so I learnt something new today in case i need it for non-crosstab reports in future.

However is there something else i can do to resolve the current issue?

Thanks

Geeta

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

Did you check the page size as I mentioned last.

Go to File, Page Setup..

From the Printer Options section, click on the Printer... button.

Select different printer and check it.

It looks like the Page size/format that differs for print preview settings and application settings.

gh_cr05
Participant

Hi Venkat

I checked these and the Page setup is the same. However i checked with the vendor and they suggested to download and install the the latest Crystal reports runtime file. I am hoping that will solve the issue.

Regards

Geeta