cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I run a SAPUI5 application on an ABAP system?

0 Kudos

Hello SCN Community,

I have a SAPUI5 application which I uploaded into an ABAP system (gateway included).

How can I run the application on this system?
How can I generate a URL so that I can execute the application via the URL?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

scott_stefanich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

In transaction SICF, navigate to the path default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap.

If you see a service for your application, right-click the service, select 'Test Service', and see if the app opens in your default web browser.

If you don't see a service for your application, perhaps you can share additional details such as how you deployed your app, i.e. upload program versus Web IDE deployment.

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

thank you for your reply.

I have uploaded the application into my new package via the report /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD.

How can I create a service for that application?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Much thanks to both of you.

It really helped me. It works now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

An other possibility is to just go to transaction SE80 and select bsp_application then fill in your application name and open it. Just right click on it and select test application.

This should open the app in your default browser.

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

thank you for your reply.

When I test/execute the BSP application my browser opens and it gives me the following error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Basically this means you are lacking sufficient permissions or the service for the application is not activated.

Go to transaction sicf and click on execute on the top left corner.

You should then see the services available in your system. Navigate in the tree to default_host->sap->bc->ui5_ui5->sap.

There you should see an greyed out node with the name of your application. Activate this node and then right click and select test service as Scott already mentioned.

The service should be automatically generated when you upload your application to the system.

Regards,

Florian