cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should my organization structure our development teams for SAP Fiori on S/4 HANA?

flf005
Discoverer

Hello,

We have begun our transition from ECC6 to SAP Fiori on S/4 HANA, during my time taking SAP delivered classes its becoming evident that the current development structure (Basis, Security, ABAP Developers, Functional analysts, Business clients) does not seem to lend itself to the new pieces that are introduced with SAP Fiori (Catalogs, Space, Pages). Management believing that security should take over all the pieces of the Fiori elements, which would significantly increase our workload.

I'm wondering if anyone who has gone through this transition has any recommendations on how the development teams should be structured with their responsibilities to ensure a smooth process of development for SAP Fiori?

Thanks in advanced,

D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GregMalewski
Contributor

Hi David,

Your question prompted me to sum up my project approach in a blog post: Practical project roles in SAP Fiori application handling. I hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards

Greg

flf005
Discoverer

Hi Greg,

This is exactly the sort of response I was looking for and more. Very well detailed.

Thanks a bunch!

D.

timhoffmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we are currently in a similar situation. In fact, it seems even more challenging to bring the change to the own support organisation than to bring Fiori to the end user.

Anyhow, currently we have organized the responsibility according to the new Fiori "artefacts". So development associated artefacts like Odata/UI5/ICF will go to the development team and PFCG associated artefacts like business catalogs, spaces & pages etc. will go to the Authorizations/Security team. Since especially catalogs will implement & authorize Fiori via PFCG roles, Security&Authorizations has the major interest to keep it organized to enable proper operations (and be audit proof).

regards, Tim