cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adapt UI of standard Fiori app without backend data?

boolan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem:

I am trying to adapt the UI of the standard application F2027 (Manage Service Entry Sheets - Lean Services) using the Key User option "Adapt UI" from the user menu. It's S4HANA on premise.

I need to hide some fields and make some visible on the details view.

My problem is, that there is no data in the development system (and I am not allowed to create it), so I cannot navigate to the view which I would like to adapt. I can only adapt the entry page.

Is there a way to run the standard Fiori app with mock server on dev system?

It is not possible to create extension or adaptation project for this app (MM_SES_MAINS1) in WebIDE (it contains no xml views) and it is not possible to create metadata extension for the consumption view. The OData is provided by GW service and not by exposing CDS view.

Any ideas?

former_member596519
Participant
0 Kudos

Czesz Krzyszek,

do you have two clients in the dev-system, like empty 100 for development, and 110 for unit tests, with some test data? You could in principle also perform there those activities concerning UI-adaptation? In principle, you could even perform those activitie in quality.

BR,

Aleks

boolan
Participant
0 Kudos

aleksandar

Cześć Aleksandar 🙂

Yes, there are 2 clients in DEV system, and the second contains test data.

But in the second client (with useful data) the option to adapt UI is not available.

Probably it can be switched on by assigning the role.

But then, there is a question how to transport this change.

Transport to the normal, development client with SCC and then to Q and Prod?

Henning
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof, have you found a solution to your problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

avfreitas
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to Note 3214966, the recommendation is to perform changes in gold client and move them to test client via SCC1. You can start creating a dummy record (draft) in gold client, that should be enough for you to make your screen adaptations.

The reason you don't have the option "Adapt UI" in test client is probably because of the missing role for it.

Best regards,

AF