cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add calculated dimension in the existing SAC Model ?

GiriRaaj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

i am trying to add a calculated dimension in the existing model - which contains data already.

*i can see option to create Measures but not dimensions which has some formulae/calculations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

GiriRaaj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thats not the reqirement.

*Please note - this we can create a calculated dimension from story and achieve that. but my requirment is - create this field in the model level. to blend with other models in other stories.

GiriRaaj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks peter. but my question is - i am adding a new dimension in the existing model.

i have date,pono,povalue in the model. which has good amount of data already filled.

now my requirement is to add one more field called - ZPeriod - ( which is an extract from date field - but in different format YYYYMMM).

for example so what i will do i will perform calculations ( date.calendar year) and store it in the zperiod. permanently. (model level not in story level)

*Please note - this we can create a calculated dimension from story and achieve that. but my requirment is - create this field in the model level. to blend with other models in other stories.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

giriraaj.ragupathi

Inserting a new dimension might force you to delete the existing data. You can create a dimension with blank master data. Create the calculated column ZPeriod in data wrangling of import job and map this calculated column to this new dimension.

Nikhil

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

giriraaj.ragupathi

You can create calculated dimension at story level. Data is stored against dimension master data, that's the reason you do not see option of adding calculated dimension at model level. Calculated measures are virtual calculations and not perisisted.

Hope this helps !!

Nikhil

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The only dimension that can have formulas within the modeler itself are account type dimensions.

If you add an account dimension to your model you can add formulas for these members.

Regards,

Peter