cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow Users to resize columns on CATS Record Working Times Week

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

CATS "regular" webdynpro on EHP6.  We want the USERS to be able to re-size the column width.  Suprisingly I can do this in DEV, but not in PRD.

Does anyone know what config setting this is?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the Note with additional information.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/message/E/012002523100004037712014

Since this will take time to debug and test, I am closing this for now.

Thanks to you both for your help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are linking to your own SAP message. It's only visible to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is two years old Lasse

cheers

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please check the following value in application configuration in dev and prod n check if there is any difference.

Regards,

Harsha

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

Harsha,

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I cannot check PRD because the page/service is not active, but DEV does have the asterisk.

I did try the Settings Dialog in the upper right corner.  I can hide columns, and when I do , the ALV columns re-sizes themselves.

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Even we had this requirement , so left the check box to blank so that it will allow personalization like resizing. Please check the same has been transported to PROD.

If there is any application configuration, it would start with Z, please check with iView properties inorder to get it.

Regards,

Harsha J

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, that will help. PORTAL-guy is getting me the config name from PRD, so I can do a better compare.

Will respond back with results!

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which iView is it exactly? I would take a look to the properties of that, if you can take any influence on that probably through omeone of them. Are both iViews configured identically, on DEV and PROD?

regards

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

Not iview.  According to my PORTAL guys, they cannot 'touch'  the webdynpro table in the Timesheet ALV component of the FPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Im not familiar with ESS at all. Its a remote WDA? However: as a portal guy, I can tell you, if you are calling that component in EP, you have to have an appropriate PCD object

Steve Oldner wrote:

they cannot 'touch'  the webdynpro table in the Timesheet ALV component of the FPM.

No need to do that, I was talking about changing the PCD object. Maybe one of the guys who have worked on this BP already could help you...

Did you noticed any differences in calling from DEV and PROD while measuring the traffic? This could give you a clue...

regards

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

Just talked to him again. CATS Approve Time is a SAP delivered FPM, which is their version of a webdynpro "container" with webdynpro components.  One of these components it a webdynpro ALV table that the columns are dynamically built, and he cannot touch the table layout.

I have added some columns and changed sort order, but thru ABAP. 

Thanks for the reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, just to clarify that, according to you answer my assumption is right and its a remote WDA, called from an ABAP backend. Indeed, you need also for remote applications a kind of wrapper to call and render that stuff in EP. Lets take a look to an UWL example:

As you see, you can manage some properties on that object, to take influence on the runtime behaviour of this component. My idea was to try the same in your case, just wanted to tell you in some cases you need to work on/compare the iView configuration of both objects. Its only a very rough idea, I wasnt confronted with the problem you are describing on my own and Im sadly not able to tell you what to do exactly. Harsha's idea sounds also not bad for me.

regards