cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the order of AFO workbooks in a role?

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a couple of roles containing input sheets (AFO workbooks enabled for input), which are saved in various roles. Now, we would like to control the order of the workbooks in those roles. Is there a(n easy) way to do this?

In PFCG we only see a cryptic description for each workbook, see example below we see twice "Launch Analysis Office Excel WB". There are no details that can be used to distinctively select one of those workbooks (except the Node ID = 19 or 20).

I already tried just "moving" the bottom one, a level up, but that didn't change anything. That leads me to think there is some kind of "sorting logic" going on somewhere in the system. Looking a bit further, I found that this information is stored in table AGR_HIER:

When I move the bottom workbook to the top (in PFCG via the arrows), the table contents change as follows:

However, in the "display" in AFO, this doesn't change a thing. I believe the sorting is done descending (yes, indeed, descending) on OBJECT_ID instead of SORT_ORDER.

Obviously, in this "easy" example I can remove the entry with OBJECT_ID = 00000019 and recreate it (and hope it gets a higher number than 00000020), but this is not maintainable for our bigger roles.

Clearly, this smells like a bug...

I'm currently using AFO2.7 SP1 (still waiting for a good moment to have my pc upgraded to SP2).

Cheers,

Raf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant

For queries, it orders them alphabetically in the role so think it must be the same for Workbooks?

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems indeed that the order is alphabetically (by description though, not by technical ID), but I believe it should be possible to change this order (like it was in BEx Analyzer), no? Otherwise, why would they add the SORT_ORDER field in the table?