cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure UIBB from which transaction?

former_member466137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Am new to FPM. We have a stable FPM application running and for some additional changes not getting clue how UIBB need to be configured. From RPM_DECISION_POints need to unplug a custom field from say Group1 and Plug to Group 2.

Not getting how RPM Decision component was enhanced to add custom Fields. From component configurator Configure UIBB is greyed to navigate there. Looks like even though it's edit mode configure UIBB is greyed out. Any ideas why? Also what are the possible ways custom fields can be included in Standard Component. Any good documentation would help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member466137
Participant

Finally...Figured Out.

It was indeed a simple configuration. This is what I could put together. May be will help others.

Ensure new field maintained in RPM Custom Structure "CI_RPM_TS_DECISION_ATT"

Define Field and Set Properties. Properties can be changed using Enhancement (BADI).

SAP Portfolio and Project Management ==> Portfolio Management ==> Global Customizing ==> Global Field Settings ==> Define Custom Field Configuration ( Update Field Attributes )

Now Add it to Main View or Sub View.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management ==> Portfolio Management ==> Global Customizing ==> Global Field Settings ==> Assign Fields to Views/Subviews (Object Type - EPO)

Add the new or existing field to Particular Group. Create Group if required as well. Field Sequence to be take care.

Thanks to ==> help.sap.com for the clue...

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good to know

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After looking the shared screen shot it is clear that you might be using FPM_OIF_COMPONENT. Few points to remember

1. Use ABAP workbench SE80 or search for FPM_OIF_COMPONENT from ADT to see all the component configurations which are created including your application
  2. secondly the UIBB which is included here /RPM/Decision/points is a webdynpro component which also accessed from SE80 by choosing webdynpro component as object.
  3. If you are looking to extend or enhance the same mentioned component then it is an enhancement of webdynpro application . Search by enhancing standard webdynpro application view.

former_member466137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Pavan, Thanks for the info.

What am looking at is; In our system /RPM/DECISION_POINTS was enhanced and got 10+fields in General Information Window. Now I am trying to find out how that window was enhanced? From FPM_OIF_COMPONENT by selecting Decision point application I could go in Test Mode in Administration mode and it opens up Customized Mode of PPM Project, on right click in screen area and shows up "Update Settings of Configuration". Here i could see all those Texts and Labels of customized fields. But strangely i could not see which field it's mapped to? and How I can add/remove another field?

In the first screenshot I have attached...Based on some blogs referred; Configure UIBB will help to add fields, group them etc...But even though i am in Edit Mode Configure UIBB greyed out. May be I am wrong. Please help to understand.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I clearly stated that when you see a webdynpro component included as UIBB then there is very less to customize from the component configuration. You need to actually focus on enhancing the webdynpro component /RPM/Decision_points views and window (if needed).

Refer below links to know how to enhance a webdynpro component

Part 1

Part II

former_member466137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Pavan, The problem is this component has not been enhanced. I don't see a single enhancement under it to change layout and add additional fields. Anyways let me try to find out what the other way how those customization was handled.

One more point... What am trying to achieve is; Decision points General Info Screen was already enhanced. We are trying to see how it's enhanced (means how 10+ custom (z) fields landed there without enhancing Main Component which is /RPM/DECISION_POINTS) and then we need to add new field in there. Will definitely update if we get break through since I don't see much help for FPM in Dr. Google.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hari,

got it....did you try to check if context is enhanced? Even I checked it from my end I felt there could be some assistance class but no luck.. can you share the component configuration name.. I guess these fields are added directly?