Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a key figure with length 20 and datatype decimal

jananipriya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hiii Experts

I have an key figure with length 17 and datatype DEC but the source length for this field is 20. Hence I wish to change the length of key figure greater than or equal to 20. But I'm not able to change. Also if I try to create a new key figure I'm not able to create key figure with length greater than 20. So kindly plz guide me how to create r change key figure.

Note: I'm using BW 7.5 on Hana

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gdey_geminius
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Newbie J,

I found below blog post which suits your requirement. It seems there is no standard way to specify the length in key figure.

However, below blog post explains to create a domain as per your length requirement then changing the table entry to update the created domain.

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/04/14/customizing-the-domain-for-key-figures/

How good is this when the best practice is concern, I dont know. Just thought to share with you as I found it. You can discuss with your team member on this approach and take a call accordingly.

If you are going for this approach, then you have to keep one thing in mind when moving the TR to QA. After moving this TR to QA, you have to check the entry in table RSDKYF for the domain, whether it has the standard domain or the domain you have created. If it has the domain which you have created then well enough, if not, then it means you have to again update the table in QA, also in production. In production, it is not adviceable to do such thing.

Thanks,

Gourab