cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable DI Server on new SAP HANA Cloud instance?

Johannes23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we are starting with first HANA Cloud use cases and we created an instance of the HANA Cloud service in our BTP cokcpit.

The instance is "untouched" and I want to make sure that I prepare the database for upcoming developer access and usage of HDI containers. But currently I face the following challenge:

In the SAP HANA Cockpit -> HDI administration the message "The DI Server is not running on this database. You will not be able to use the full functionality of the HDI Administration application."

I didn't find any documentation how to enable this DB Service for HANA Cloud. The only documentation I could find was the following: Enabling SAP HDI in the Database | SAP Help Portal but the steps cannot be executed in HANA Cloud SQL console.

Is there a special size of the database needed? (Currently we have the smallest memory configuration in place)

Is there a special privilege for DBADMIN (or a different user) needed which blocks the HDI enablement?

Where is the place to start the DI server (SQL Console or HANA Cockpit)?

Is the DI server starting automatically when I create and connect a HDI broker instance to the HANA Cloud database instance? (I tried this already but it didn't have any effect to the services running in SAP HANA Cockpit -> Manage Services)

Would be really happy to read about your experiences and find some answers 🙂

Best regards,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jan_zwickel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Johannes,

the HDI DI server has been embedded in the indexserver in recent HANA Cloud releases. The tooling is not updated, yet, expects a standalone server, and shows this warning. This should not affect the functionality and you can ignore the warning. With an upcoming new version (still under development) this problem will be fixed.

Best,

Jan

Johannes23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

thank you for your reply and the explanation. For the moment, that's fine to me. But I have an additional question regarding this embedded server: Where do I have the possibility to check log files of the embedded DI server? Is it in the log files of the index server or will they be managed seperately?

Best regards,
Johannes

jan_zwickel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

the traces are included in the indexserver trace files.

Best,

Jan

Johannes23
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the information!