cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement automation for initiating and halting SAP BTP HANA DB?

rupambecs999
Explorer
0 Kudos

I utilize a free HANA DB for my application, but I'm facing the issue of the instance being halted regularly. I wish to avoid the manual restarting process. Is there a method to enable automatic startup using a scheduler?

I'm aware that the following command can be used to initiate the DB:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

rupambecs999

Yes, you can enable the SAP Automation Pilot, which will send a alert if your HANA DB is on stop and restarts automatically. You can enable Autoscaler if incase your db needs to be scaled up as app memory exceeds.

there are tutorials about this in developers.sap.com

rupambecs999
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my case, I'm utilizing the Europe Netherlands region. However, the Automation service isn't accessible in my region. Given this situation, what would be the recommended approach to achieve the same automation?

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The following tutorials I hope help demonstrate in detail how you can schedule actions such as start and stop of an SAP HANA Cloud instance using either the SAP Automation Pilot or the BTP or CF CLI.

Automating SAP HANA Cloud Tasks
AlexPJ
Explorer

Alternatively (to the proposed approach above), you may want to use scheduled executions with SAP Automation Pilot to start the SAP HANA Cloud instance every morning. See for instance this blog or the Automation Pilot online help on scheduled executions.
Unfortunately, Automation Pilot can schedule commands only in UTC and not in local time (other time zones than UTC), yet.

Regards,
Alexander

rupambecs999
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my case, I'm utilizing the Europe Netherlands region. However, the Automation service isn't accessible in my region. Given this situation, what would be the recommended approach to achieve the same automation?

AlexPJ
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is no need to use the Automation Pilot in the same region to my understanding. So you may want to subscribe to the Automation Pilot in another region (free tier should be available in Frankfurt, for instance).
Alternatively, you can install the CF CLI on a local server, use any local/external scheduler (for instance cron) to run a script (bash or whatever you prefer) that executes an appropriate cf login followed by the cf update-service command.