cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase No. of calculation jobs for a particular table in SLT replication

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have started replication for ACDOCA table using SLT. As ACDOCA has around 2.7 Billion records in source system we have used ranges (divided into 5 ranges based on one of the Key fields) to complete the calculation faster. No. of jobs defined in SLT configuration as below:-

No. of data transfer jobs. 22

No. of initial load jobs. 20

No. of calculation jobs. 10

Once we start the replications there 3 calculations triggered in source system. As each range has around 500 to 600 million records calculation jobs are taking time.

Is there any way we can run 5 calculation jobs in parallel in the source system?

Note:- We have enough resources (background, dialog work processes) available in the source & SLT systems.

Regards,

Vinay

ian_kirkman
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Vinay,

Please can you confirm what value is specified for 'No. Of Parallel Jobs' for the table in LTRS -> Performance Options -> ACDOCA?

If this value is 0, then it will default to 3 parallel jobs, hence why there will be a maximum of 3 calculation jobs (and therefore also load jobs) even though you have specified 5 ranges.

Also can you confirm what reading type is specified for this table?

Regards,

Ian

SAP Product Support

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, no. of parallel jobs=0 by default, I have changed the value=5 after starting the replication, it did not help. Anyway, the calculation is completed, initial load is in progress now.

Do you know if there is a way to increase the parallel jobs after starting the replication(like changing the entry at table level or something)?

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, no. of parallel jobs=0 by default, I have changed the value=5 after starting the replication, it did not help. Anyway, the calculation is completed, initial load is in progress now.

I have used reading type 5 - Sender Queue.

I have given parallel jobs=6 for another table, it has triggered 6 calculations & 6 initial load jobs.

Do you know if there is a way to increase the parallel jobs after starting the replication(like changing the entry at table level or something)?

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

which version of DMIS used?

i also suggest to check from LTRS -.performance option - general performance options -No. of parallel jobs,

you can not increase parallel job once replication start for a table, if required that can be changed from LTRC - data transfer monitor - select table - click on change tab- increase the mx. parall. load pro. from access plan/pre-calculation setting but this will trigger again calculation job and initial load.

if required then change parallel job for specific MT ID will be effective for all tables once replication started for tables.

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

If we change no. of parallel jobs under 'Data transfer monitor' that will reflect only for initial load jobs not for calculation jobs. I have tested this.

Regards,

Vinay

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

For parallel jobs during Initial load, please do the following:
Go in 'Data transfer Monitor'
Select table and edit and specify no of parallel jobs and save.

Regards
Sunil