Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start with templating a Cloud Portal site from a layout

JeremyCoppey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got the question to create a template site for Cloud Portal, I checked the documentation and followed the OpenSAP course but after some digging I'm really stuck with in my eyes some basic functionality that is missing.

First thing first: The layout I need to achieve,

This comes close to the Admin site template you get, so in the Web IDE I tried to figure out how I could customize the menu layout, ( add a logo, change the header by adding content, ...)

The only thing I could find in that template that indicates the nvigationmenu is the config in the sites.json

"config": {
			"ushellConfig": {
				"defaultRenderer": "adminRenderer"
                         }
}

So how can I manipulate that "adminRenderer" do I build my own renderer? Can I start from a template?

Kind regards,

Jérémy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I was thinking exactly the same. We have a fortune 500 customer who has a specific look and feel (layout) for their suppliers, and am not sure how we can implement that for them with the current menu and the shell restrictions. Seems to me, to get the exact layout that we want, we have to turn off the shell and the menu and do it all using custom widgets which will take some time, and I do not see any examples around.

-adam