cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test ECC Enhancement Pack upgrade effect on BW with only Production system in the Landscape

paulmitch25
Explorer
0 Kudos

Our ECC 6 EHP 5 SP13 source system will be moved from on premise to the cloud, being "in-place" upgraded to EHP 7 in the process. However, there is only a Production BW 7.3 SP5 system in the BW landscape, with no DEV or TEST systems, so we have less opportunity to test the repointing on a non-productive system.

The ECC DEV and QAS are both on EHP 7 already. Should I create a new Test QAS source system in our BW 7.3 Prod system to point to one of these systems to test this upgrade and migration?

My understanding is that going into RSDS choosing an extractor and selecting the QAS system and replicating the most important extractors for the new source system, like 1_CO_PA_1000, 0FI_GL_10, 2LIS_11_VAITM etc, and seeing if there are any errors would be a way to see if the extractor interfaces have changed.

Is this a good test and will the test QAS source system and it's extractors interfere with our existing, live, source system and it's extractors? I really want to avoid interfering with the current process, extractors and source system. I want to make sure that any test I do is safe.

I know this is an unusual request, but how can we test that the repointing to the in-place upgrade system will work and our current process chains won't be negatively affected? I want to avoid building technical objects in the system for the QAS source system.

Are there any significant changes to the BW content between these two ECC enhancement packs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)