cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update SAC model with calculated columns

Hello together,

Im trying to update a data model in SAC via file upload. The model has a calculated column.

But when I upload the data I need to map a column also to the calculated column of the model which I cant do because it is a calculated column. Do I really need to add the calculated columns with the formular to the new data.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Regards

Mike

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What do you mean by 'calculated column' of a model'? Probably you need to provide an example.

0 Kudos

My model looks like this:

The Column "Sum" is a calculated column added the following way:

It shows the total of "Wert1" and "Wert2". That works fine when I build the model.

But when I want to update the model I cant update it because SAC want me to map the "Sum" Column. But my file only has the 3 columns "Beschreibung", "Wert1", "Wert2".

If I ignore the issue and update the model, there is no data for the updated rows in the "Sum" Column.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dimension structure, please.

0 Kudos

Do you mean the following structure ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

toniax
Employee
Employee

Hello mleins,

Did you find a way to overcome this limitation without building a new model?

Thank you,

Tonia

former_member650982
Participant
0 Kudos

build a new model - way better

Rebuild or add/remove is a pain and 9 out 10 times you will end up creating a new model

SAC from a data perspective is soooo poor - it’s looks good - but data need to be in 100% prepared - and do not change it ... ever

SAC is a tool for reporting that never changes - and we all know that reporting never change