Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on SAP Netweaver Portal 7.5 - Due to migration of SAP ECC to S/4 HANA

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

currently we are using SAP Netweaver Portal 7.5 which is integrated with different systems (SAP ECC, BW, CRM...etc..).

As per the plan currently our client planning to migrate only the existing SAP ECC system to S/4 HANA latest version.

from the ECC perspective, we have Custom WebDynpro Java, custom WebDynpro ABAP and Transaction Iviews and UWL are accessed via SAP Portal 7.5 by the end users.

from the client perspective they still want to use the SAP Portal 7.5 as it is even after the migration.

Please let me know can we still use all the applications (WDJ, WDA and Transaction Iviews) as it is in SAP Portal 7.5 after the migration of ECC system to S/4 HANA by establishing the SSO.

I have following questions related to this migration:

1? is it possible to establish the SSO connectivity between SAP Portal 7.5 and New S/4 HANA system?

2) is it possible to access the WebDynpro Java, WebDynpro ABAP ,Transaction Iview and Universal worklist applications from SAP Portal 7.5 after moving the ECC box to S/4 HANA system?

3) Currently All the WDJ applications are accessed via Destinations (Model and Meta Data Destinations) in the existing ECC system for the RFC calls. so after the migration of SAP ECC to S/4 HANA can we still establish the Model and Meta data destinations call to the S/4 HANA system from Portal 7.5 for the RFC calls.

4) what is the end date of the support for the SAP WebDynpro Java?

Request you to please check and share your inputs on this.

Kind Regards,

Prasath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi Prasath,

I also need to know the possibilities of migrating ECC/BW to HANA/Cloud Data warehouse. Were you able to get answers for your queries? If so, could you please share? Am especially concerned about you question No3 as we have a lot Java WD applications connected to BW via model destinations.

Please help.

Regards.

Zen

ROHITGERA1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if your migration completed and you face any challenges after the migration.

Regards,

Rohit Gera