Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data into existing model with calculated columns

keinhoff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question concerning importing data into an existing model based on an imported excel file. Within the modeler I also added 4 calculated columns based on the data in different dimensions of the model.

The modeling was not the problem and all worked fine for the data in the imported excel file. Also the additional columns have been filled.

We have those files on a monthly base. So every month we need to import data into this model by files with the same structure. But when I try to import the data for the next month the added columns are not filled.

Example:

File for September 2019

Model:

Added columns in account dimension:

Formulas for calculated columns:

Basis: IF ([Ausführung] = “BAS” or [Ausführung] = „BA2“ , 1, 0)

Premium_0: IF ([Ausführung] = „PRE“ and [Nettopreis] = 0, 1, 0)

Premium_bez: IF ([Ausführung] = „PRE“ and [Nettopreis] != 0, 1, 0)

Premium_gesamt: IF ([Ausführung] = „PRE“ and [Nettopreis] = 0, 1, 0)

While creating the model with the file for September all the columns have been filled.

Now I try to import the file for October. Do I really need to make all the adjustments again? I can see that alle the columns are binded to the correct columns in the model except the additional columns. There I cannot bin a source column to because there is no.

Also in the transformation log I am not able to see the transformations I made while building the initial model. So I cannot import the data correctly into my model.

Do I have some misunderstanding in the use of models based on imported files? Can someone give me a hint how to handle this?

I also tried to build the model first and after that add calculated measures with the above mentioned formulas but then there is no data at all in these measures.

The last opportunity I see is to create calculated measures within the story but that is not the desired way as we would like to use this model in different stories and therefore we would have to create those measures for every single story.

I hope someone can help.

Regards

Kjell

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see this went no where.. I'm just getting onto SAC and seeing this same thing. Build a working model on 1 month of imported (Excel) data and then want to simply add more data using the same transformations. Seems not possible... There is limit on import size so doing the transformations in Excel, merging all of it and then importing some monster file is also not possible.. so how to apply a dozen or so transformations to all appended data without creating the same transformations on every import?? some trick to do this?

thx

james

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mfoeken
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kjell,

When you click on 'Rebuild Model' no transformations are available in the 'Transformation Log'? This is not what I would expect and explains why the transformations defined in the model are not applied on the data you append. I suggest you create an incident on the SAP Support Portal.

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs