Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input form - replace null with 0

former_member518018
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a simply input form for the business to update the forecast on a monthly basis. The challenge is that for some lines, there are null values (represented by "-") rather than 0. For some reason, anyone with a restricted access (like access to specific projects rather than the entire legal entity) is not able to post to those lines.

The only solution is for somebody in finance or admin to manually enter 0 in those lines, publish and then non-finance colleagues can update the forecast.

There are solutions available in the forum for creating a cross calculation but that is only good for reports, view only. It does not work for planning / data input.

Is there any solution available to this problem?

Regards,

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't quite understand why non-finance user is able to plan after the data point is posted with 0, this should not change data security for non-finance user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member518018
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, this action is baffling to me and our consultants. But that is how SAC is working. Anybody with restricted access is not able to post to a cell which has a null value.

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please provide more details on your scenario. I assume if you show the table down to the each project which non-finance user has write access to, he should be able to input directly on null.